Secondary 1 Registration (2023 Intake)
Dear Parents and students,
A warm welcome to RVHS! The Secondary One Registration Exercise will be conducted online and there is no need for your child to report to school.
To make it more efficient, the purchase of textbooks and uniforms will be scheduled on a pre-arranged date/time slot after you have completed the online registration.
We look forward to seeing you and your child at RVHS.
- We will be sending an announcement through Parents Gateway directing you to the Online Registration Form.
- Otherwise, you may wish to access the form here.
- Please complete & submit the online registration by 23 Dec 2022, 1 pm.
Purchase of Textbooks and School Uniform
- Click here to book a time slot from 22 to 23 December 2022 to purchase the textbooks and uniforms in the school.
- Alternate methods of purchase of Textbooks and School Uniform:
|Name of Vendor||Actlink Marketing||MyUniform Shop|
|Purchase Method||Login to:|
209 New Upper Changi Road
(Opposite Bedok MRT Station)
|Things to Note||Please place your orders before 27 December 2022.||More information here.|
2023 School Fees for Secondary School Students
|Nationality||2023 School Fees|
2nd Tier Misc Fees
|International Students (ASEAN)||$900||$20||$3||$923|
- Singapore Citizens in financial need can get assistance from MOE on school fees and other expenses.
- Submit the application through the MOE e-FAS link (https://go.gov.sg/moe-efas) or via hardcopy form in the General Office.
Start of School 2023 – Important Information for Students and Parents
To ensure you are well-prepared for the start of your journey with us, please note the following information:
a) Reporting Date & Time
- First day of school is on 9 January 2023, Monday.
- There will be student ushers to guide the newly posted Sec 1 students to the School Hall when they arrive.
- Parents are allowed to drop-off their child(ren) at the school and advised not to accompany them into the school compound.
- Should the child(ren) be unwell with flu symptoms on day 1, please rest at home. Parents can contact the school General Office at tel no. 65678115.
b) Secondary 1 Orientation Programme for Term 1, Week 1
|Date||Reporting Time||Dismissal Time|
|9 Jan, Monday||8.30 am||1.00 pm|
|10 Jan, Tuesday||7.30 am||3.45 pm|
|11 Jan, Wednesday||7.30 am||3.45 pm|
|12 Jan, Thursday||7.30 am||4.15 pm|
|13 Jan, Friday||7.30 am||2.30 pm|
c) Administrative Matters for Day 1
- Attire: Full RV school uniform
- Wearing of face masks: Optional
- Reporting venue: School Hall
- Things to bring:
- Wet wipes / hand sanitizer
- Water bottle
- Writing materials
- Primary School Report Book
- Primary School EZ-link Card
d) 2023 Sec 1 Class Allocation
- Please refer to the Parents Gateway App for 2023 Year 1 Class Allocation on 31 December 2022.
- At the Home Page, click on the name icon of the child to see his/her class.
e) River Valley High School Parent-Teacher Association
- The Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) recognizes the importance of parents’ participation on the learning journey of their child.
- Find out more about the PTA here.
National Digital Literacy Programme (NDLP)
MOE had announced that every secondary student will need to have a Personal Learning Device (PLD) for the purpose of personalise digital learning to improve digital literacy
Parents are advised not to purchase a PLD at the moment and wait for the announcement for PLD offer. Should there be an urgent need for a digital device, parents can consider purchasing a Windows based second hand device. Otherwise, the student can also loan out a laptop from the school (subject to availability).
Appeal for School Transfer (Primary 6 Students)
Primary 6 students who have applied to River Valley High School (RVHS) during MOE’s Secondary 1 Posting Exercise but are unsuccessful, may appeal to be considered for transfer to RVHS. These students appealing for admission to RVHS after the release of the Secondary 1 Posting result have to meet the school’s cut-off points (COP).
Note that students admitted to a school through the DSA-Sec Exercise will not be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results. They are expected to honour the commitment to the posted DSA school for the duration of the programme admitted to.
- The appeal application period is from the 21 to 27 December, 1700 hours.
- Late or incomplete appeal will not be considered.
- Application is to be done strictly via this form.
- For convenience, it is not necessary to submit any hardcopy appeal form. Students who are successful in their appeals will need to provide school with the actual documents which was used to support the appeal for checking purpose when school starts.
- Pending the outcome of appeal, all applicants are required to report to the school that they are posted to by the Ministry of Education on Secondary 1 Registration Day.
- Successful applicants will be informed by 30 December 2022.
- The decision of the school’s Admissions Committee is final and the school will not enter into discussion with the applicants regarding its decision.